What’s Happening Promotions offers a variety of employment opportunities, ranging from sales, design, estimating, order management, and so much more. We also offer internships where you can earn college credit. Due to the volume of applicants, please, no phone calls.
Our open positions are listed below.
We empower relationships and deliver excitement in everything we do. Our team at WHP delivers dependable, creative, speedy, and cost-effective marketing materials through our solution-focused ideals, group integrity, and enthusiastic product mastery. With the ease of the customer experience in mind, management’s commitment to individual and company growth, and the team’s detailed project execution and considerate work environment, we make a positive impact in our customer and supplier partnerships.
You are a Graphic Designer that knows the inner secret workings of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. You know that keystrokes are your fingertips’ friends. You are a team player that looks forward to coming to work each day and knows when to have fun and when to get laser focused. You know how to pitch in on time-sensitive group projects when deadlines are fast approaching, and how to clearly communicate and collaborate with your peers. You can navigate in a fast-paced environment because you are quick on your feet, but you are detail oriented so you get designs right the first time. You are a self-starter who is able to switch between projects and flip edits quickly. You can interpret client edits so well, they will swear that you can read their minds. No initial client concept is so off the wall that you can’t make it work…somehow. Your typographic skills are so strong that fonts beg to be in your toolkit.
• Creating vector artwork for incoming client requests for promotional items
• Creating designs for incoming client requests for print ads and other paper goods
• Working with limited input to complete incoming artwork and edits
• Communicating with clients regarding edits via proofing software
• Collaborating in design team meetings to improve efficiencies and handle issues
• Managing tasks and projects within an established workflow online
• Maintaining files using standardized organizational protocol
Job Skills And Traits
• Exceptional time management, prioritization, and organizational skills: task switching on the fly is common here!
• Minute attention to detail with problem-solving skills
• Ability to create within a design brief or established brand identity
• Excellent communication skills with both internal staff and clients
• Deadline-driven creativity and enthusiasm
• Passion for trend-forward design
• Enthusiastic attitude and an eagerness to learn
• Talent for giving and taking constructive criticism
• Intuitive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Skilled Mac user and troubleshooter
• Ability to learn proofing software and task management systems
• Portfolio and/or link to design samples
• Gmail proficiency
About What’s Happening Promotions
What’s Happening Promotions (www.whpinc.com) is a highly successful, privately held organization with divisions ranging from magazine publishing, advertising, design, and promotional products. Our mission is to help our clients continue to grow their businesses while increasing their exposure to the community. This is achieved through our team-building atmosphere where we strive to help our employees succeed professionally as well as personally.
We empower relationships and deliver excitement in everything we do.
Our team at WHP delivers dependable, creative, speedy, and cost-effective marketing materials through our solution-focused ideals, group integrity, and enthusiastic product mastery. With the ease of the customer experience in mind, management’s commitment to individual and company growth, and the team’s detailed project execution and considerate work environment, we make a positive impact in our customer and supplier partnerships.
What we are looking for
We are seeking an Account Executive Assistant to provide high-level administrative support. This person will be a key member of our team. The ideal candidate will be exceedingly well organized, have exceptional project management skills, able to work independently with little or no supervision and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting a team of diverse people and programs. The ability to interact with all levels of the organization in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Superior written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
• Communicate with internal & external parties, while exhibiting the highest degree of professionalismMeeting preparation through various avenues including conducting research
• Coordinate complex itineraries & travel including booking flights & hotels, coordinating details so that co-workers are always prepared
• Strive to deeply understand the company’s goals, and work with co-workers to ensure that their time is organized accordingly
• Participate in ad-hoc projects as required, as well as miscellaneous tasks
• Provide office administrative support; client outreach, special projects, etc.
• Other duties as needed
• Successfully completing our comprehensive sales training which includes product knowledge, salesmanship, and our software systems
• Drive profit through both inbound and outbound calls by utilizing persuasive customer service techniques
• Ensure a positive customer experience by educating customers on the features and benefits of the product, responding to questions and overcoming objections, and accurately updating our contact management system
Must be good at
• Promoting and encouraging business through relationship building with current and potential clients
• Leveraging existing relationships
• Ensure ease of process and high levels of professionalism internally and with clients
• Provide the highest levels of customer service
Must be Extra Awesome at
• Excellent customer service and client relationship skills
• Advanced communication skills
• Creativity and experience in product and/or concept development
• Strong presentation skills with effective verbal and written communication abilities
• Exceptional time management, prioritization and organizational skills
• Attention to detail with problem solving skills
• Passion for success and growth
Job Skills and Traits
• Quick learner
• Relationship Builder
• Customer Focused
• Creative Thinker
• Solutions Provider
• Team Player
• At least 1 year experience in an office setting
• At least 1 year experience in B2B sales
• Typing above 45 WPM
• Gmail proficiency
About What’s Happening Promotions:
What’s Happening Promotions (www.whpinc.com) is a highly successful, privately held organization with divisions ranging from magazine publishing, advertising, design and promotional products. Our mission is help our clients continue to grow their businesses while increasing their exposure to the community. This is achieved through our team building atmosphere where we strive to help our employees succeed professionally as well as personally.
What’s Happening Promotions is a promotional product distributor and full service design agency. Promotional products, also known as ad specialties, make up a nearly $17 billion dollar industry and are used by virtually every business in America. Why? Items like mugs, pens and t-shirts are memorable and provide a better cost per impression than most advertising options! We are able to supply your company with every possible promotional product available.
We work with all different businesses to amplify their brands along with their products and services so they can reach their unique customers wherever they are. Our innovative ideas, inspiring content and integrated design campaigns flourish in all media channels.
We believe producing outstanding work comes from the ability to discern how a company’s customers feel and behave. Our creative strategy to creating effective design work is built upon our ability to put ourselves in your customers’ shoes and dig to uncover their world what makes them tick.
We love doing what other companies fail at, which is providing the best customer service, the best products, and the lowest pricing… all while doing this in record speeds!
We are looking for an ambitious and highly motivated Customer Service Representative to join our growing team. You have exceptional customer service and a passion to go above and beyond to help our customers. Your main responsibility will be to provide exceptional support to our customers. This role isn’t for everyone. Your keen detective skills allow you to troubleshoot a symptom yet solve for the larger problem. You are a self-starter and love learning. If you think you’re up to the challenge, we’d love to hear from you. This is a position with a focus on customer service and data entry, while working with current and potential customers.
- Promote and encourage business through relationship building with current clients.
- Leverage existing relationships
- Ensure ease of process and high levels of professionalism internally and with clients
- Provide the highest levels of customer service
- Excellent customer service and client relationship skills
- Advanced communication skills
- Creativity and experience in product and/or concept development
- Strong presentation skills with effective verbal and written communication abilities
- Exceptional time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Attention to detail with problem solving skills
- Passion for success and growth
- Quick learner
- Relationship Builder
- Customer Focused
- Creative Thinker
- Solutions Provider
- Team Player
- At least 1 year experience in an office setting
- Typing above 45 WPM
- Gmail proficiency